So you may have heard of the magical term ‘The Cloud’ and how a Cloud based software solution can transform your working practices, but what is cloud computing? In this article we attempt to clarify this terminology to allow you to decide if this solution can benefit your organisation.
Cloud services are taking systems/software that is installed on a organisations server, and providing a similar service accessed via the web.
The cloud infrastructure is maintained by the cloud provider, not the individual cloud customer.
Getting slightly technical…
In applications such as accounting software it provides data storage so as above, this is as an alternative to storing the data on an in-house server.
This is the most important part. Almost all software dating back before Cloud technology would insist on it being installed on a server in-house. To maintain this software, ‘patches’ and updates are required to keep the software up-to-date and secure, often on multiple desktop PC’s which causes a strain on IT resource.
With Cloud based systems this can be achieved by the provider with little on or disruption to the user, often this will happen without you even being aware it’s happening.
To access the system you simply need an internet connection, so you are never restricted to a desktop PC in the office offering flexibility in your working practices. Great if you want to work from the beach! We wouldn’t recommend this however.
Users of the same Cloud based solution can access the same information at the same time without limits.
Want to know more?
FirstOrder Secretarial was first launched in 2009 aimed at Accountants, Solicitors, PLC’s and Company Secretaries. FirstOrder was the first Cloud based secretarial software on the market and it has evolved into one of the leading secretarial and company formation systems. FirstOrder is software for secretarial work, streamlining your administration.
- £2.10 – £7.20 per company per year. No contract.
- Web based software. No maintenance or installations required
- Courtesy upload of all your existing companies
- Upload further companies direct from Companies House
- Key dates & deadlines synchronised with Companies House every day, giving 100% accurate reminders including by email
- All electronic filing available, including your Confirmation Statement and simple management of your submissions
- Full dividend processing
- Minutes & Resolutions to carry the signatures which authenticate all common transactions
- Dormant account production and filing within a few keystrokes
- Registered Office list for display
- All copies of filings and documents are permanently stored and organised for easy retrieval within the Cloud based library
- Company Formation creation for all company types available for electronic submission with Companies House
- Seamless transfer of completed formations to secretarial, including Memorandum & Articles and Certificate of Incorporation
- Accommodates any special share transaction (splits, conversion, buy backs etc.)
- Dedicated helpline with free help and support
- A free half day training session for all new clients
More than 1 in 20 live UK companies file through FirstOrder, making it one of the market leaders in Secretarial software. If you are looking for a one stop solution for all your company Secretarial services and administration, or would just like more information please feel free to contact us using the form below.